Last night for dinner we had Salmon Croquettes, Roasted Purple Potatoes, and Broccoli. My children LOVE Salmon Croquettes. Sometimes we make them out of fresh salmon and sometimes we use canned Salmon. Some people have a thing against canned Salmon, but it cuts down on a step when making this dish and makes for a really quick dinner. It’s also a less expensive alternative.
This recipe is made with canned, but you can always bake a 1 pound salmon fillet, crumble the salmon and then follow the recipe or break apart left over salmon you may have in the fridge.
- 1, 14.75 oz. can of Salmon (We used Red Sockeye)
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley, fresh well too
- 1/2 c. quick oats
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 c. mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1/4 -1/2 cup oil ( enough to cover the bottom of your frying pan)
- salt and pepper to taste, about 1/2 tsp each
This recipe makes 8 croquettes. My kids love these with my daughter’s homemade tartar sauce. We only had one croquette left and my husband didn’t even get one, but that’s another story for another day. Enjoy!