I am really excited to say I’ve been nominated for The Liebster Award! Many thanks to Stephy over at Stephysweetbakes. Being the newbie that I am, when I received Stephy’s nomination and email, I thought I read something wrong and that it must be a mistake. There was no way I could qualify for an award of any kind. I thought it was the title of a post I should read. Yes, I’m chuckling at my naivete. It’s sad, but true. It’s taken me longer than it should have to respond because I was worried I didn’t know what I was doing and I wasn’t passing it forward to enough bloggers. But here goes…
Here are the rules:
Thank and link to the nominating blog.
Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees.
Nominate a few blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated.
Write a post containing the questions.
Include these rules in the post.
Stephy is also a Louisiana girl and has beautiful food on her blog. Check her out for more mouthwatering recipes. I am still so surprised and honored by this, thank you again! Your blog rocks and makes this extra special.
My ten questions I must answer are as follows:
1. What’s your favorite thing to cook/bake in the kitchen?
I love baked goods and chocolate! Combining the two always works for me.
2. What’s your favorite place to shop?
I don’t really shop much since my move to Georgia, but I really miss Target.
3. Do you believe that saying “the older you get, the more wiser you get”?
I hope so, if not I’m in big trouble.
4. What would you settle for, a good walk or a nice bed to take a nap in?
I should say a good walk, but with 3 children I’ll be honest and say a comfy bed for a nap. Getting more exercise is really on my to do list:)
5. Do you have kids, and if so how many?
Sorry, I gave away this answer too soon. I have 3 kids.
6. If you could pick ANY vehicle to own, what would it be?
I don’t know. I like SUVS. I guess I would drive the car I own now.
7. Where would you enjoy living more? The country/farm land, the ocean or the city?
I would choose the city. I like being close to parks, zoos, museums, and theaters.
8. Who is your favorite character on the show The Golden Girls? Hard choices lol.
Rose…not sure why, she always made me chuckle.
9. Which would you rather: A cake, a hamburger, a rice Cake, a malt, or brownies?
That’s a really hard question. I love that you asked about a malt. It makes me think of good times with my grandfather, but I think really decadent chocolate cake might win.
10. Pick one: Blue, Purple, Orange, White, or Yellow
Here are my nominees:
4. Goan Imports
My 10 questions for them are:
1. What prompted you to start your blog?
2. What are your favorite types of blogs to read?
3. What foods transport you back to your childhood?
4. What makes you smile?
5. What is your favorite city?
6. How did you learn how to cook?
7. Do you prefer cooking or baking?
8. Do you prefer to relax or explore on your vacations?
9. What is your dream vacation destination?
10. Who/What inspires you?